So, I started working on my GSoC project today. The project (bugzilla link) has changed a bit since I discovered that Thunderbird’s mbox format isn’t thread-safe. So now the plan is to write out individual RFC822 files, and let the built in RFC822 parser parse them. The component is a Thunderbird extension right now. I’ve tested some basic output files (no attachments yet – anyway I plan to filter attachments), and they are being parsed correctly by the parser. Update: The extension now starts up on application startup. Todo tomorrow: handle attachments, make sure it’s a singleton (only one instance of the component is created!).